As a patient you have the right to:
- Be in a safe environment and be given services without discrimination of any kind race,color, ethnicity, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, or religious affiliation.
- Respectful care, free of harassment, and any type of abuse.
- Be aware of the practice rules that are expected pertaining to the patient’s conduct.
- An interpreter if needed which should be requested at least 72 hours prior to any appointment scheduled.
- Receive from the practice the information needed to give consent, required by the law, before any treatment and/or procedure given by the physician.
- Privacy about the medical care being provided such as, consultation, examination, case discussion, and treatment, which are confidential and cannot be discussed with others unless having the necessary documentation that permits us to do so.
- Be given complete information pertaining any diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment from the physician.
- Engage in decisions regarding procedure and/or treatment.
- Refuse any treatment, as permitted by the law, and be informed of any medical consequences due to the decision.
- A second opinion in regards to the diagnosis, treatment, and/or procedure given by the physician, at the patient’s own expense.
Trinity Gastroenterology has options available to assist patients with no health insurance. A list of self-pay ratio can be provided at Trinity Gastroenterology. Pre-arranged payment plans are greatly appreciated, call (915)504-6950 opt#1002
Preparing for a procedure